Futurism is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
When you are selecting an education and a type of career to go into, you might consider a science career. If you have a knack for the sciences, there are many different career paths that you can follow. If you have a good head between your shoulders, you are organized, and really dedicated to learning and hard work, a science career might just be right for you, but which one do you choose?
Some people might think that science is a career of its own, but of course, there are many different types of science to go with. The fact of the matter is that there are three main types of science which you can find a career in, and each type has many subcategories, too. Let’s talk about all of the different sciences you can specialize in for a long and successful career.
1. Natural Sciences
One thing that you can look into if you want to enter the world of science is a natural sciences career. There are many different types of natural sciences to study and work with, and each can be quite enjoyable.
- One option is to be a chemist and study chemistry. If you want to create new medicines or study the makeup of various substances on earth, studying chemistry is an option.
- You could enter the world of geology, another cool natural science that studies rocks, sediments, their composition, their location on the planet, and so much more.
- Becoming an ecologist is another option to go with. Ecology is all about studying the environment, ecosystems, animals, their effects on one another, and how biospheres come into being and survive.
- Meteorology and astronomy are both pretty cool natural science specialties as well. No, they are not the same thing, but they are related in a sense. If you like space and everything outside of planet earth, this might be a good choice for you.
2. Formal Sciences
Maybe studying the earth, animals, ecosystems, and rocks is not quite your thing, but that is OK because natural science is not the only kind of science out there. You can always go into formal sciences. Yes, these tend to be more difficult and require a lot of studying and dedication, but if you are really good with numbers, statistics, and hardcore scientific studies, this might be right for you.
- You could become a physics guru and study how gravity, time, speed, inertia, and all of that other fun stuff works. It might not be fun for some, but it could be right for you.
- Mathematics and statistics are both types of formal sciences that you can go into. If you are into numbers, you are good with them, and you like studying graphs, charts, and figuring out why something in the world is happening, being a statistician or a mathematician might be right for you.
- Maybe you would like to become a programmer or coder, in which case entering the world of computer science is probably a good choice for you.
3. Life Sciences
- Do you like plants, flowers, and everything about them? Well, then a career in botany could be a good option for you.
- If you like to study the human body, how it works, disease and illness in humans, and that kind of thing, being a human biologist could be a good choice for you.
- Would you rather study and work with the human brain, rather than the body? Well, if so, studying psychology is definitely an option.
- Do you like animals more than humans, and would rather spend your time with the animals of this world? If this is the case, you could always consider becoming a zoologist, a great life science career.
Science Careers for All
The point here is that there are so many careers in science that there pretty much has to be a choice that is right for you!