Futurism is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
He’s a smuggler, a scoundrel, and a pilot who doesn’t take orders well. He’s also brash, cocky, and a bit rough round the edges. Yet to those who know and love him best, Han Solo is also “the good guy” who would not necessarily be “in it for the money,” such as the many times the former scrumrat from Corellia has proven himself to be a great ally to rebels fighting for a better world in a galaxy far, far away.
For over 40 years, the beloved Star Wars character—first made famous by Harrison Ford in the original trilogy (1977-1983) and recently played by Alden Ehrenreich in Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)—has given fans some of the most memorable lines from the fantasy sci-fi saga, many of which are very applicable to use in everyday life too!
In no order of merit, here are 15 of the most-quotable quotes of everyone's favorite space smuggler.
1. “Never tell me the odds!”
- to C-3PO after the droid tells him that “the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1” in The Empire Strikes Back (1980).
2. "Great shot, kid. Don't get cocky."
- to Luke Skywalker after the young Jedi-to-be gets ecstatic having successfully shot his first TIE fighter to bits in A New Hope (1977).
3. “Don’t everybody thank me at once.”
- to Luke, Obi-Wan Kenobi, C-3PO and R2D2 after everyone ignored him despite the fact that the Millennium Falcon made a successful jump into hyperspace in A New Hope (1977).
4. “190 years old? You look great!”
- a young Han to a young Chewbacca after the Wookiee reveals his piloting skills—and age—in Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018).
5. “It’s the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs… She’s fast enough for you, old man.”
- to Jedi Master Kenobi who is skeptical about the Millennium Falcon being a fast ship in A New Hope (1977).
6. “Not if you round down, buddy!”
- to Chewbacca after the Wookiee growls in disagreement that they made the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs in Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018).
7. “Who’s scruffy-looking?”
- to Princess Leia after she called him a “stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf-herder” in The Empire Strikes Back (1980).
8. “Laugh it up, fuzzball!”
- to Chewbacca who chuckles after Leia calls Han a laser brain in The Empire Strikes Back (1980).
9. “Women always figure out the truth. Always.”
- to Finn, giving the former Stormtrooper good advice in The Force Awakens (2015).
10. “Chewie, we’re home.”
- to the Wookiee as the longtime buddies get on board the Millennium Falcon once again after many years in The Force Awakens (2015).
11. “You might want to quit while you’re behind.”
- to Lando Calrissian, when the suave gambler advises Han to quit while ahead during their first game of Sabacc in Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018).
12. “The Force. The Jedi. All of it. It's all true.”
- to Rey when the Force-sensitive scavenger asks about Luke Skywalker in The Force Awakens (2015).
13. “That’s not how the Force works!”
- to Finn when the Imperial deserter suggests using the Force to disable the Empire's shields on Starkiller Base in The Force Awakens (2015).
14. “I’ve got a really good feeling about this!”
- young Han to no one in particular as he’s about to steer the Millennium Falcon through the Kessel Run in Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018).
15. "I know."
- to Princess Leia after she says “I love you” just before he’s lowered into the freezing chamber in The Empire Strikes Back (1980).
- to Lando after the gambler testily says "I hate you" upon seeing how Han has damaged the Millennium Falcon which he owned then in Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018).
“Did you just squeeze my thigh?”
- to Qi’ra, mistaking an eel-like creature in his pants for his fellow scrumrat and girlfriend’s touch while they were hiding in a water tank filled with said creatures, in a deleted scene from Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018).
* The 15 Coolest Easter Eggs in ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’
* Emilia Clarke’s Qi’ra – What We Know of the Enigmatic Character in ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’
* Princess Leia's 10 Most Iconic Quotes from 'Star Wars'
Solo: A Star Wars Story is available on digital now and on 4KUHD/Blu-ray/DVD from September 25, 2018.