Futurism is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
The signs, the planets, and the houses are all important in your chart and where they're positioned tells you even more. Clearly, there is a lot to remember when it comes to the zodiac, but I tend to forget the houses from time to time.
The easiest way to remember the houses is to correlate them with the sign/planets they're associated with and keep a few keywords in mind. If you or someone you know has planets in the houses, this will further define their personality.
1st House (Aries/Mars)
1st House Keywords: physical appearance, behavior, first impression, personality, hobbies/interests, self-assurance, self-awareness.
Planets in First House:
- Sun: confident, optimistic, proud, cocky
- Moon: reflective, nurturing, defensive, observant
- Mercury: talkative, influential, nervous, knowledgeable
- Venus: kind, flirty, possessive, considerate
- Mars: brave, energetic, reckless, gutsy
- Jupiter: generous, understanding, easygoing, nonchalant
- Saturn: serious, strict, organized, inflexible
- Uranus: innovative, open-minded, eccentric, liberated
- Neptune: imaginative, spiritual, ambiguous, mysterious
- Pluto: stubborn, enduring, cynical, pessimistic
2nd House (Taurus/Venus)
2nd House Keywords: art, beauty, possessions, material objects, financial prosperity, valuables, homeliness, fruits of laboring, abundance.
- Sun: hardworking, strict, stubborn, clever in business
- Moon: codependent, compulsive, attracts fortune, abundant
- Mercury: innovative, over-thinker, business-smarts, influential
- Venus: finds beauty everywhere, possessive, selfish, objective
- Mars: fights for desires, assertive, overbearing, greedy
- Jupiter: glorifies self and possessions, greedy, wealth = reputation
- Saturn: efforts = reward, disciplined worker, focuses on end goal
- Uranus: unique tastes, finances fluctuate, instability in possessions
- Neptune: dreams of prosperity, lack of focus on reality, impractical
- Pluto: uses pain to gain, conservative, long-lasting financial wealth
3rd House (Gemini/Mercury)
3rd House Keywords: communication, information, gossip, media, learning, community, intellect, self-expression.
- Sun: absorbs information/knowledge naturally, loves to learn
- Moon: excited by information, loves gossip, always needs to know
- Mercury: fast thinker, constantly curious, impulsive and talkative
- Venus: observant of community, tries to keep environment positive
- Mars: aggressive but influential talker, has bold and innovative ideas
- Jupiter: open to new ideas, supports ideas generously
- Saturn: careful to new ideas, trusts well-thought-out plans, hesitant
- Uranus: inventive and controversial ideas, original thoughts
- Neptune: artistic and spiritual with ideas, visual learner
- Pluto: deep, philosophical inquiries, spurs controversy
4th House (Cancer/Moon)
4th House Keywords: family, parents, siblings, relationships, home, how one was raised, standards/morals, prosperity.
- Sun: family is top priority (insert "Stitch" quote here)
- Moon: values nurturing and stable environment
- Mercury: feels at home when learning, family life is diverse
- Venus: family/home is beautiful, welcoming, and safe
- Mars: home allows activity and freedom, dislikes conflict with family
- Jupiter: values plentifulness in home, happiest in ideal environment
- Saturn: prefers a dependable, orderly, progressive environment
- Uranus: home has variety, adaptability, and is never conventional
- Neptune: aspires to have dream home, magical environment
- Pluto: home is average but individualism is subtle
5th House (Leo/Sun)
5th House Keywords: creativity, experience, pleasure, artistic ventures, entrepreneur, romance and love affairs, drama, future.
- Sun: treasures their inner child, carefree, fun loving, innocent
- Moon: the entertainer, enthusiastic, supportive, pleasure seeker
- Mercury: confident speaker, loves new ideas, poor objectivity
- Venus: loves beauty impulsively, gives into pleasure easily
- Mars: loves competition and risk-taking, addictive personality
- Jupiter: encouraging (especially to children), thrives off creativity
- Saturn: responds to pleasure and enjoyment methodically
- Uranus: enjoys originality and new takes on creativity
- Neptune: fascinated with all romantic and creative dreams
- Pluto: can be obsessive and compulsive with pleasures and ideas
6th House (Virgo/Mercury)
6th House Keywords: hardworking, good health, financial stability, organization, industrious, work attitude, caring for others.
- Sun: responsible, balances care for self and others
- Moon: focuses on all aspects of health for self and others
- Mercury: works well in a relaxed environment with communication
- Venus: timid worker unless environment is pleasant and healthy
- Mars: loves challenging work, especially with competitive salary
- Jupiter: devoted to responsibilities, can be too committed.
- Saturn: has incredible control of work and health situations
- Uranus: works well with electronics and people, can be revolutionary
- Neptune: gentle and sensitive toward others and self
- Pluto: keeps heightened focus on challenging work and health issues
7th House (Venus/Libra)
7th House Keywords: connection (old and new), experience, objectivity, respect, boundaries, commitment issues, defensiveness, external situations.
- Sun: relationships are top priority
- Moon: supportive in a relationship, may worry too much
- Mercury: loves communicating through issues
- Venus: feels safe around others, always feels in debt to others
- Mars: loves to fight for relationships, may have unstable connections
- Jupiter: loves to bring people together, bring their ideals to life
- Saturn: doesn't open up easily, those persistent are worthy of love
- Uranus: loves those who are eccentric and stimulating
- Neptune: connects to artistic types, music helps understand relationships
- Pluto: relationships are uncertain and become chaotic
8th House (Scorpio/Mars/Pluto)
8th House Keywords: compromise, courage, life and death, expectations, sharing secrets, intimate insight, sealing agreements.
- Sun: fascinated by what is hidden and what is shared
- Moon: thrives on thrill, the more intimate the better
- Mercury: naturally curious, persistent in receiving a lot of information
- Venus: loves opening up to others if they are safe
- Mars: courageous for intimacy, but makes enemies easily
- Jupiter: opportunistic, excited with people who are useful
- Saturn: shuts down interest in what is hidden, doesn't respond to desire
- Uranus: revels in the hidden and the unexpected
- Neptune: can be overwhelmed by secrets, needs honesty and bluntness
- Pluto: feels more focused and comfortable insecurity, may not be open
9th House (Sagittarius/Jupiter)
9th House Keywords: flexibility, traveling, learning more on physical and metaphysical levels, leaving comfort zone, knowledge, exotic, foreign, experience, spirituality, philosophy.
- Sun: loves to travel in optimism and hope, strong convictions
- Moon: imaginative, supportive, thrives on new ideas, but not pragmatic
- Mercury: can be cocky with knowing and learning everything
- Venus: exploration makes them happiest
- Mars: loves adventure, activity, and energy in environment
- Jupiter: a true philosopher and explorer
- Saturn: resist Sagittarius style for realism, resists leaving comfort zone
- Uranus: thrives in new events, loves the revolutionary beliefs
- Neptune: enjoys exploring spiritual situations, but longs for more
- Pluto: relishes in the most dangerous and unique places
10th House (Capricorn/Saturn)
10th House Keywords: determination, organization, success, reputation, career, public figure, kingdom, image, caution, celebrity, security.
- Sun: a confident role model, very self-aware
- Moon: loves popularity and recognition, very intuitive
- Mercury: a natural speaker, noticed when talking
- Venus: gets attention through appearance, seductive and irresistible
- Mars: ambitious when focused on success, faces challenges head-on
- Jupiter: likable leader, influential and kind on the surface
- Saturn: serious leader, appears apathetic at times, controlling
- Uranus: loves change and hates order, inventive and shatters security
- Neptune: sympathetic to others, but ambiguous and mysterious
- Pluto: an exciting, fearless leader, but hidden and difficult
11th House (Aquarius/Saturn/Uranus)
11th House Keywords: service, individualism, friends, understanding, community, inclusiveness, consolation, resources, identity, freedom.
- Sun: identity is connected to those who are around them
- Moon: tolerant and helpful to keep friends close by
- Mercury: loves friends with information, loves study groups
- Venus: holds high values for harmony with friends
- Mars: fights for the outcasts and underdogs
- Jupiter: builds their ideal community, generous to all in their circle
- Saturn: shoulders responsibility for friends, a bit too much
- Uranus: wants to make sure everyone is included, has odd groups
- Neptune: selfless to a fault, will hide their own needs from others
- Pluto: influences others for resourceful reasons
12th House (Pisces/Jupiter/Neptune)
12th House Keywords: self-care, privacy, deepest feelings, self-destruction, inner demons, selflessness versus selfishness, self-reflection, personal experience, self-esteem, inner world.
- Sun: creativity helps with self-reflection, needs a strong foundation
- Moon: private life is beyond complicated, more of a workaholic
- Mercury: clever, may exchange secrets for information
- Venus: gets lost in their deepest desires
- Mars: very independent, interests are so hidden they seem neutral
- Jupiter: devoted to morals and philosophies
- Saturn: real towards others, but hides their truest self
- Uranus: breaks the status quo through venting, relentlessly rebellious
- Neptune: loves being lost in their own world, loves daydreaming
- Pluto: struggles to lay in bed with inner demons or lets them reign